Yahoo! Weather - London, GB

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Moving Day (again)

Today we moved from our temporary apartment in Botley (West Oxford) to our permanent apartment in Summertown (North Oxford). Lori cleaned the apartment yesterday so we easily packed our suitcases and were on our way at 10 am. We met the operations manager for Oxford Property Solutions and she showed us around the new flat. She was very professional and thorough.


Outside our "patio" in Botley. The glass door was our living room, the small window was Matthew's room, and the larger window was the master bedroom. There are two apartments on each floor; six total in the building.

Lori and Matthew at the front door of our apartment building.

We walked into Summertown to open a bank account and register for our NHS (National Health Service) numbers. Barclay's Bank apparently is not in need of new customers. We had to make an appointment to meet with a salesman, I mean personal banker, on next Wednesday! This bank would have no clients if they operated this way in the United.States. I have been  told that we Americans have an over-developed sense of urgency.

We ate lunch at a little outside cafe before heading to the local GP's office. Summertown reminds me of Winter Park, Florida. (http://www.summertown.info/)  The doctor's office was in an old house. Inside, I felt as if we went back to the 50's as we sat in the sparse waiting area filling out paperwork. I have an appointment on Wednesday, after the bank, to have my prescriptions supplied locally since I cannot get them from the VA while we are here.

Tomorrow, our shipment of personal goods arrives. Since we have to wash clothes daily (our washer is extra-extra small here), we probably have many too many clothes.

I will write more later. Thanks for reading and sharing in our adventure. Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Oh,fun!. No, I mean it! Your adventure so far reminds me of my time in London, Nottingham, and Wooten-On-Edge (yes look it up).

    I'm glad to see you're enjoying it!
    Love, Dave

    ReplyDelete